Well, it’s intermission here at Magic Clam’s Old Things… I’m waiting on parts to arrive for the Philco 39-45 project, and on poly to dry on the cabinet of the Graetz radio. So… what do I do during intermission?

Restore a variac of course!

This was part restoration, part… just making something look cooler. The Adjust-A-Volt variac that I’d purchased off of Craigslist was in good working order, but needed some cosmetic work. So I spent the last few weeks intermittently working on sprucing it up. I disassembled it, removed the rust and cleaned off as much crud as I could then did some painting.

I chose brown and copper partially because I thought it would look nice and secondarily because they were both colors I had in stock already. I didn’t want to have to spend any money on this project. 🙂

Pretty pleased with how it turned out. Now I have another small variac to use for my electrical restoration projects. Or maybe to sell… not 100% sure yet.

Till next time, stay tuned!

🚫No Solicitors 🚫No Malicious people allowed to have accounts without having a blog ⚠️Leaving comments makes your E.mail address visible to those publishers. Contrary to WP's privacy policy ⚠️

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s